5th Annual GLA Gala – August 2
SOLD OUT: Come Together Over Green – A Beatles Themed Gala Event
Saturday, August 2, 2014 from 5:30 – 10 PM at Heidel House Resort & Spa
There may not be a large yellow submarine floating around the depths of Green Lake, there are no crowds of screaming schoolgirls, and it is no longer 1963 … but The Beatles are coming to Green Lake!
This year’s Gala, “Come Together Over Green,” is a Beatles-themed event featuring The Cavern Beat, a nationally-recognized tribute band. Guests will enjoy extraordinary live and silent auctions, raffle prizes, cash bar and dinner, dancing, and a chance to mingle with friends and some of the area’s most accomplished state and local figures.
Beyond the fun and celebration, “Come Together Over Green” is about increasing awareness and investing in a lasting impact for the community and for the lake. With Green Lake’s recent listing as an impaired waterway, the Green Lake Association is refining their focus and amplifying their capacity to improve water quality, now and for future generations. The Annual Gala is an extraordinary event whose proceeds directly support significant measures to improve water quality and to preserve Green Lake.
“This year’s event is a call to action for thinking bigger, doing more and growing partnerships beyond what we have ever done in the past,” said Stephanie Prellwitz, Executive Director for the Green Lake Association. “We need to literally ‘Come Together’ as a community in order to make an enduring impact on our lake. The purpose is to have everyone together to have fun, meet new people and be a part of something bigger.”
“Come Together Over Green” will feature music by The Cavern Beat, a Beatles tribute band that is so authentic, you may imagine the hiss and pops of an LP record. The group will perform many Beatles favorites, as well as some of their less-known recordings that may lead guests to discover something new. The band will highlight three separate generations of The Beatles, including authentic wardrobes that promise to make the experience as realistic as possible.
The Green Lake Association is proud to announce Event Sponsors Havey Communications, Inc. and Water Street Partners, LLC and Music Sponsor Burkart-Heisdorf Insurance. “We are so appreciate to our returning sponsors who have signed on early to support the Gala,” said Prellwitz.
Featured Auction Items
Check out a sneak peak of auction items here or view some of the highlights below:
– Lake Tahoe Cabin Rental. Enjoy a week-long vacation in this 4 BR/3 BA Lake Tahoe home for 8 people! Features a hot tub and wood-burning fireplace. Close to hiking trails, 2 excellent golf courses, within 30 mins of 7 ski areas and 40 mins from Reno airport. Dates to be arranged (unavailable Christmas, February 1-21, July and August). View at www.vrbo.com/340670. Donated by Dave and Joan Lloyd.
– Flyboard Rental. You have to experience this new extreme water sport to believe it! Whether you want to rocket 45 feet out of the water, swim like a dolphin, or soak the top deck of your group’s houseboat, riding a Flyboard is an experience like none other! Use these incredible water-powered jet shoes for 4 hours of excitement. Check out the action here! Donated by Cove Marine.
– Cubs Tickets for 4 + Dinner at Francesca’s on Clark Street. Root for the Cubs with 4 friends at Wrigley Field on August TBD in deck box seats (Sec. 429, Row 3, Seats 105-108) and enjoy a special dinner ($200) at Mia Francesca’s Restaurant, located 3 blocks from Wrigley Field. This package also features parking pass and Cubs fanfare bucket. All in all, it’s a home run! Donated by Mike and Ruth Maddock.
– Two-Night Stay at Two Creeks Farm. Enjoy the leaves of October at this beautiful farmhouse on 80 acres overlooking Big Green Lake. Complete remodeled in 2010, features 40 acres of private, rolling prairie, 40 acres of woodlands, 2 spring-fed streams and a two-acre, stocked pond. Private dock located across the street from the farm house. View at www.vrbo.com/341385. Donated by Mike and Ruth Maddock.
– Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Fishing Kayak. he Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14 (Single 13’ 8”) will take you to places where fish have never seen a lure. The Hobie Pro Angler is one of the lightest, most efficient, featured-filled fishing kayaks on the market today. Has everything to maximize your angling experience without sacrificing comfort, stability, functionality or storage capabilities. Donated by Shoreline Boat Center.
– An exclusive, custom airplane tour for 3 over Green Lake, the Wisconsin River or the Yahara lakes in Madison
– A private BBQ Party for 20
– Cubs vs. Brewers tickets and Packers vs. Bears tickets
– A framed osprey feather carving by local artist, Tom Tyers
– A 10-bird pheasant hunting package on a 275 acre game farm
– Artisan items including a handmade quilt and a unique birdhouse
– A kayak and a paddle board for lake lovers
– A grill package with grill, gift certificate from Boerson Farm and grilling utensils
– A Justin Bieber autographed picture
And, of course, the GLA favorite: the Tipsy Canoe, loaded with enough adult beverages to make quite a party!